It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:58 pm

EVACuation 

Post EVACuation
As posted on the faceblarks:

Quote:
So guys, whaddya think of actually running EVACuation? January 2014 in the Adelaide University Hub. Smash, Street Fighter, Pokemon. Maybe even some Ticket to Ride, Mah Jong and 500 tournaments. What else would you want to see?

There seemed to be a bit of interest in making this a thing, so I'm wondering what dates do people reckon? One, two or three days? (January has the Australia Day long weekend)

Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:28 pm

Post Re: EVACuation
A long weekend convention sounds like a pretty amazing concept

Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:05 am

Long weekend seems very unlikely if we want to use the hub. I think what we're gearing up to is a smallish starter event which will be a gateway to bigger and better things.

A little survey:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1-kkmTB ... U/viewform

We're going to need to know costs a bit better, but my preliminary ticketing thoughts are free attendance for all, but EVAC membership is required to enter events/tournaments. Prizes are probably not going to be huge, unless we want to run pots or something on top of that.

Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:52 pm

We are all meant to fill this out right?
And I assume you will be handing me the emails of people who want to be up to date with general EVAC stuff.

Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:18 pm

I think a paltry entry amount would be a better idea than free entry. Like $10-15 for weekend? I assume it might be difficult getting a good set of rooms without some sort of hire fee. At any rate, entry fee earnings can go into future years and club funds.

Ask AVCon nicely to lend TVs/Consoles and our vgame requirements are pretty much set. I could ask some local miniature clubs/organisers if they wanted to run some wargame tournaments (space pending).

Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:36 pm

The location itself will be free if we go at the hub - our biggest costs will be hire of tables and chairs.

Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:59 am
Profile WWW

Yeah everyone can fill in the survey, but if you do then please leave your email or some kind of identifier so that I know you're not the general publics. I'm interested to see how much interest people outside EVAC actually have in responding to this kinda stuff.

Mitch: Wargamers sounds great. I'd love to push the tabletoppy side of things.

If we go with the Hub it's gonna be a one day event. But if we can run a good show we might be able to convince them to let us do more for a future one.

Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:02 am