It is currently Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:48 pm

Gametraders Marion ... Booooo 

Post Gametraders Marion ... Booooo
Hey guys..

Just thought i'd share this with you and see if you can understand or fix this issue.

I had a gametraders marion voucher from last years avcon.
face value of the voucher was $69.95
voucher valid for 12months..

so Rob and I went in a few weeks ago, and the nice pple at gametraders marion said
" sorry, this is only worth $55.00 "
WHAT THE?

they did say they can sort it out, the reason being the chick that did it was not very good at her job but also doesn't work there anymore.
they assured me that it would be sorted out, and in fact avcon poss. only paid $55 for the voucher, where gametrades would sponsor the balance of face value.
then i said that was fine.
please put me down for a pre order of Super SF4.
price was $59.95 that got increased to $69.95 but as we saw the $59.95 pre order screen
they agreed to let me have it for $65bucks.
sounds good.

so today i get a call from said gametraders, to advise my copy of Super has arrived. and i have to pay and extra $7 when i pick it up.
i said "huh" ... where did $7bucks come from?
they said i have credit of $55 and the preorder price of the game on the system is $62.
so i shared the above story with the guy.. Mark i think his name was..
he came back to me 1 min later and said yeah no worries its been fixed.
I have $69.95 credit from the voucher..
but the game is $79.95
so u just have to pay $10 when u pick it up..

WTF!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

can anyone shed some light on this?

and Rob.. u were right.. i got shafted!!!

Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:58 am

Post Re: Gametraders Marion ... Booooo
Can't shed any light on it... All I can suggest is that you should always try to deal with the same guy when they make promises like that... Or keep a record of agreed terms.

Now, let us all complain about the ridiculous, greedy, un-regulated pricing of games in Australia!

Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:54 pm

That's really weird... the voucher itself had the amount on it? or was it one of those credit card type gift cards?

I'll chase it up when I chat to gametraders this week.. can't promise anything more than some sort of explanation tho =\

Mon May 17, 2010 11:29 am
Hi playman,

This is Mark from Gametraders, i just want to clarify what the go was with how everything was worked out. It can get difficult when we have about 8 different staff when it comes to things that are different to our daily routine, such as your example.

The voucher you had was for "any game to the value of $70" from memory written on it. AVCON paid us $55 for this voucher - which is why it said $55 in the computer, as we need to put the gift vouchers into our POS system. What the staff member is supposed to do is change the selling price of the $70 game to $55 and use the gift voucher in our computer to pay for it.

The reason you had to pay an extra $10 was that Super Streetfighter 4 is an $80 game. Basically a $70 game costs us $55 - meaning we were supplying AVCON prizes at what they actually cost us. So your Streetfighter game cost us $65, and $55 was paid for by AVCON, and $10 by yourself.

Sorry its all a bit confusing, I hope that clears things up for you. If you want to discuss it further, give me a call at the store on 8296 1144.

Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:19 pm

Thanks for the explanation Mark. I knew it would just be a little bit of confusion.

Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:28 am