EVAC.org.au
http://evac.org.au/forum/

Choose Your Own Adventure
http://evac.org.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=17
Page 1 of 5

Author:  Capn [ Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Choose Your Own Adventure

Image

You are a new member of the EVAC Adelaide Uni Gaming Club, entering the clubroom for the first time.
The pungent stench of nerd sweat assaults your nostrils. You take a strong whiff and think "Ahh, home at last!".
For some reason you can only disern the surroundings immediately behind you.

A gaggle of GEEKS game around a couple of TELEVISIONS.

>_


The Rules Are Thus
1) Treat this like an old Sierra or text-based adventure game. Anything you see drawn on the scene can probably be interacted with.
2) Only one action at a time. Don't post stuff like "pick up the TV and club a nerd with it then do a dance". "Pick up the TV" will be fine.
3) Only I will be drawing the next frame. Images from other people are not officially considered a part of the story.
4) I'll pick my favourite response to the last frame and go from there, so not everyone's suggestion will be used straight away (if at all)
5) Please put some effort in to suggestions. Silly suggestions are fine, but suggestions clearly made to undermine the spirit of a particapatory thread will be ignored.
6) It might take me some time to draw up the next frame, so don't expect to see a new one on the hour, every hour. I'll get to it when I can. Some of us have full time jobs :3

Author:  Chairchucker [ Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Choose Your Own Adventure

Get TELEVISION

Author:  Gurgeh [ Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Choose Your Own Adventure

LOOK NERDS

Author:  Chairchucker [ Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Choose Your Own Adventure

Gurgeh wrote:
LOOK NERDS

Um, I think you'll find they're GEEKS.

Author:  Capn [ Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:01 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Choose Your Own Adventure

Chairchucker wrote:
Get TELEVISION


Image

The gaggle of GEEKS sense your approach and give you a most disconcerting look. They appear to be very protective of their TELEVISION.

Image

Their snarling looks make you want to back away slowly. Also their BODY ODOUR is creating a protective barrier, preventing you from wanting to get any closer to them anyway.

Author:  DJ Paradroid [ Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:05 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Choose Your Own Adventure

RETRIEVE ARMS FROM BACKPACK

Author:  Alecat [ Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:26 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Choose Your Own Adventure

Look cupboard

Author:  Capn [ Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:30 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Choose Your Own Adventure

DJ Paradroid wrote:
RETRIEVE ARMS FROM BACKPACK


Image

What kind of sorcery is this!? Your backpack is LOCKED. You will have to find your BACKPACK KEY before you are able to retrieve your ARMS. You can't remember where you put it though.

Alecat wrote:
Look Cupboard


A seemingly standard issue wooden cupboard. But wait, what is this? There are no handles or any other discernable way of getting it open! Something sits atop the cupboard.

Author:  MrSchnookums [ Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:42 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Choose Your Own Adventure

Examine shoe

Author:  DJ Paradroid [ Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:10 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Choose Your Own Adventure

LOOK IN HAT

Author:  Capn [ Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:44 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Choose Your Own Adventure

MrSchnookums wrote:
Examine shoe


Image

DJ Paradroid wrote:
LOOK IN HAT


Image

Nope. Nothing in there.

You feel as though you are being watched. Feeling nervous you return your hat to its ON position.

Image

Author:  MrSchnookums [ Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:51 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Choose Your Own Adventure

get shoe

Author:  stupid newbie [ Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Choose Your Own Adventure

use lightswitch

Author:  Alecat [ Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Choose Your Own Adventure

exits

Author:  Capn [ Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:16 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Choose Your Own Adventure

MrSchnookums wrote:
get shoe


Image

Ah nuts! You can't reach it!


stupid newbie wrote:
use lightswitch

Image

Ah. Thats much better.

Author:  DJ Paradroid [ Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Choose Your Own Adventure

LOOK LEFT

Author:  MrSchnookums [ Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Choose Your Own Adventure

talk to geek

Author:  Chairchucker [ Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Choose Your Own Adventure

Use FEMININE WILES on GEEKS.

(Because all women are whores.)

Author:  stupid newbie [ Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:56 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Choose Your Own Adventure

lightswitch rave

Author:  DJ Paradroid [ Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:07 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Choose Your Own Adventure

RAVE ABOUT LIGHTSWITCH

Author:  Capn [ Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:01 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Choose Your Own Adventure

Alecat wrote:
exits


Obvious exits are: West (out the door), East, South

MrSchnookums wrote:
talk to geek

Image
They appear to be too far absorbed in their game of Mega Mash Team to listen to anything you have to say.

Chairchucker wrote:
Use FEMININE WILES on GEEKS.

Image
You don't think this is going to work...

stupid newbie wrote:
lightswitch rave

Image
You probably shouldn't do that again. She was scary.

Author:  Chairchucker [ Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:28 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Choose Your Own Adventure

>East

Author:  Alecat [ Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:07 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Choose Your Own Adventure

LIGHTSWITCH RAVE

LIGHTSWITCH RAVE

LIGHTSWITCH RAVE

LIGHTSWITCH RAVE

LIGHTSWITCH RAVE

(I just wanna see the part where Stefan lynches her for having his cape)

Author:  MrSchnookums [ Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:29 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Choose Your Own Adventure

open cupboard

Author:  Mark [ Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:27 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Choose Your Own Adventure

Seconding EAST.

Also: Awesome Dave, thread.

Author:  JubeiSaotome [ Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:46 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Choose Your Own Adventure

Hide in cupboard.

Author:  Alecat [ Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Choose Your Own Adventure

LOOK UP

Author:  JubeiSaotome [ Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Choose Your Own Adventure

Find PS3 Rock Band
(There is only Wiis present)

Author:  Chairchucker [ Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Choose Your Own Adventure

Capn wrote:
stupid newbie wrote:
lightswitch rave

Image
You probably shouldn't do that again. She was scary.


Quoting this picture because this is the best picture.

Author:  DJ Paradroid [ Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:01 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Choose Your Own Adventure

TAKE LIGHTSWITCH. (WHO KNOWS WHEN YOU WILL NEED TO BEND REALITY TO YOUR WHIM)

Author:  Ted [ Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:15 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Choose Your Own Adventure

Look CONSOLE.

Or alternately.


CLIMB on TV.

Author:  Capn [ Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Choose Your Own Adventure

MrSchnookums wrote:
open cupboard

JubeiSaotome wrote:
Hide in cupboard.

The cupboard (as described earlier), appears to have no handles or other discernable way of opening it. You'll have to figure out a way to get it open.

DJ Paradroid wrote:
TAKE LIGHTSWITCH. (WHO KNOWS WHEN YOU WILL NEED TO BEND REALITY TO YOUR WHIM)

Image
You pluck the lightswitch neatly off the wall. Since you can't get your bag open right now, you decide to hide it in your cap.

Chairchucker wrote:
>East

Mark wrote:
Seconding EAST.

Image
Heading EAST you find a trio of DUDES standing around a PROJECTOR SCREEN looking forlorn. It seems they intend to play Band Legends, but are missing a drummer. Exits are WEST and SOUTH.

Author:  funkybeatyo [ Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Choose Your Own Adventure

> Put Spirit Calibre in games machine and mock forlorn nerds

Author:  DJ Paradroid [ Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Choose Your Own Adventure

TALK DUDES

Author:  JubeiSaotome [ Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Choose Your Own Adventure

> Place lightswitch on Guitarist's headless neck.

Author:  Chairchucker [ Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Choose Your Own Adventure

>Get drums.

(We can fit it in our hat, right? I mean there's a hot girl in there as well somewhere.)

Author:  Alecat [ Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:50 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Choose Your Own Adventure

TALK DUDES

Author:  DJ Paradroid [ Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Choose Your Own Adventure

COMMENT ON PLASTIC INSTRUMENTS

Author:  MrSchnookums [ Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Choose Your Own Adventure

punch singer

Author:  Capn [ Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Choose Your Own Adventure

DJ Paradroid wrote:
TALK DUDES
Alecat wrote:
TALK DUDES

Image
Oh my. This sounds serious. A PLOT is afoot!

Chairchucker wrote:
>Get drums.

Image
HRNNNNNNN! Argh! Those spindly appendages of yours are no match for the supreme weight of those PLASTIC DRUMS. You're going to need some stronger ARMS if you want to lift that toy drumkit.

Author:  MrSchnookums [ Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:44 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Choose Your Own Adventure

west
talk cupboard

Author:  plufim [ Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Choose Your Own Adventure

exits (for the band hero area)

Author:  DJ Paradroid [ Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:19 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Choose Your Own Adventure

GET DUDES

CHECK PARTY'S STATS

Author:  Alecat [ Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Choose Your Own Adventure

LOOK (BEHIND) PROJECTOR SCREEN

Author:  Chairchucker [ Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Choose Your Own Adventure

>Get drum stool.

Author:  Mark [ Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Choose Your Own Adventure

WEST

then KNOCK ON CUPBOARD

Author:  plufim [ Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Choose Your Own Adventure

Use lightswitch on singer

Author:  Ted [ Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:51 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Choose Your Own Adventure

GET DRUMSTICKS.

MAKE WOODEN KNIVES.

Author:  DJ Paradroid [ Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Choose Your Own Adventure

NombreHombre wrote:
GET DRUMSTICKS.

MAKE WOODEN KNIVES.


The drummer took the sticks with him.

Author:  Capn [ Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Choose Your Own Adventure

Alecat wrote:
LOOK (BEHIND) PROJECTOR SCREEN

Image
OH JESUS F**K OH GOD WHAT THE HELL IS- ITS LIKE THE SIZE OF A HOUSE!

plufim wrote:
Use lightswitch on singer

Image
You surreptitiously slap the lightswitch on to the singer's chest. At least, he didn't seem to notice.

Chairchucker wrote:
>Get drum stool.

Image
Yoink!

MrSchnookums wrote:
talk cupboard
Mark wrote:
KNOCK ON CUPBOARD

Image
The cupboard isn't responding to hails, Captain. Knocking is futile.

Page 1 of 5 All times are UTC + 9:30 hours
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/